June 30, 2020 — The ThreatBlockr Team
We’ve said it before, ThreatBlockr is a small but passionate group of people who believe very strongly in what we do. That is, protecting our “way of life” by Making Threat Intelligence Actionable. So when we are recognized by industry analysts, we take a lot of pride in that recognition. Therefore, we are very excited to have been recognized as a Representative Vendor in Gartner’s Market Guide for Security Threat Intelligence Products and Services in this ever growing, expanding, and evolving industry.
About Gartner’s Market Guide for Security Threat Intelligence
In its Market Guide for Security Threat Intelligence Products and Services, Gartner provides analysis and guidance for organizations who are looking to use threat intelligence. The report states, “threat intelligence capabilities can make your digital business more resilient.” For those of you who have access to the Gartner report (and I’m assuming you’re interested in threat intelligence..otherwise, why would you be reading our blog?), we recommend the read. For those of you who don’t have access to the report, we’ll give you some of what we believe to be key takeaways:
- A key finding from the report states, “the value of these services is sometimes constrained by the customer’s ability to afford, absorb, contextualize and, especially, use the information provided by these services.”
Gartner Recommends that Organizations:
- “Assess the level of security skills, resources and maturity of their security organization and ensure they know their use cases before considering investing in a TI. It may be more beneficial to rely on a TI provider by an MSSP or from TI in existing products.”
- “Investigate the use of open-source intelligence (OSINT), CERTs, information sharing and analysis center services to develop informed tactics for current threats and plan for future threats (commercial offerings are not for every organization).”
- “Use the three Gartner defined requirements that need to be concurrently leveraged to get value from TI successfully – acquire, aggregate, and take action.”
In our opinion, that last point is validation for the work we do here at ThreatBlockr:
- “Acquire and Aggregate”: Our cloud-based Actionable Threat Intelligence (ATI) Engine aggregates and integrates IP and domain-based threat intelligence feeds. It connects data sources in real time from any source, including; commercial, government, ISAC/ ISAOs, TIPS, SOARs, SIEMs and includes over 30 million threat indicators out of the box.
- “Take Action”: Our Threat Intelligence Firewall makes all of your threat intelligence actionable by blocking up to 150 million threat indicators at line speed before they hit your network and existing security controls.
So whether you’re an organization that’s new to threat intelligence and looking for a turnkey threat intelligence solution; already using threat intelligence and looking for a way to take action on it; or a large organization looking for more customized control within your security organization, ThreatBlockr can help!
Schedule a demo today and see the ThreatBlockr Network Security Platform in action.
Gartner, “Market Guide for Security Threat Intelligence Products and Services,” Craig Lawson et al, 20 May 2020
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s Research & Advisory organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.