Senior QA Engineer
Location: Tysons VA
Type: Full Time
ThreatBlockr is currently seeking a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer specializing in test automation of web-based browser applications leveraging the Cypress.io automation framework to augment our existing development team. You’ll be working hands-on leveraging Cypress.io as an instrumental part of our day-to-day software development team to ensure that our software product deliveries are always of the very highest quality. We are a hybrid work facility with a WFH component, and those who choose to come into our Tysons, VA offices are always welcome, as much or as little as they’d like.
Company and Role Overview
ThreatBlockr is the only active defense cybersecurity platform that fully automates the enforcement, deployment and analysis of cyber intelligence at a massive scale. As the foundational layer of an active defense strategy, ThreatBlockr’s patented solution blocks known threats from ever reaching customers’ networks. ThreatBlockr utilizes immense volumes of cyber intelligence from over 50 renowned security vendors to provide unparalleled visibility over the threat landscape resulting in a more efficient and effective security posture. Security teams at companies of all sizes use ThreatBlockr to deploy active security, gain real-time network visibility into threats and policy violations, ensure their network is protected and reduce manual work. Block. Every. Threat. at threatblockr.com.
You will be responsible for leveraging Cypress.io for the automation of GUI (UX/UI) testing of our web-based browser applications with well-defined backend APIs. You will automate absolutely everything you can, since you know that's the only way a development team can properly implement continuous integration that is so important to Agile development methodologies.
• Maintain, enhance and extend the test automation framework built on Cypress
• Comprehend and leverage test automation design patterns
• Continuous automated test implementation and management, with integration to Jira and git
• Automated API (REST, etc) testing for API elements
• Maintaining up-to-date automated test documentation
• Contributing to product planning and improvement
• Providing technical task level of effort estimation
Please note that every qualification below that reads "(REQUIRED)" references a strict requirement for the position. Your application will be denied if you do not meet these requirements.
• (REQUIRED) Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• (REQUIRED) Candidates must be able to legally work in the United States without sponsorship
• (REQUIRED) 2+ years creating automated tests targeting general web applications, using Cypress.io
• (REQUIRED) 5+ years demonstrated experience developing automated tests
• (REQUIRED) Familiarity with Jira and automated test integration into Jira
• (REQUIRED) Working knowledge of the linux command line
• (REQUIRED) Excellent communications skills
• Motivated self-starter with a desire to develop robust automated testing solutions
• Proven requirements analysis and problem-solving capabilities
• Success working collaboratively in an office environment
• Three weeks paid vacation
• Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
• 401k - matching both your pre-tax and/or Roth elective contributions, dollar for dollar, up to 4% of your eligible pay. Immediately eligible to participate upon employment and contributions are 100% vested.